Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Small Update: Practicing layers on highlights (pKrueger)

Just a small update before bed.  I got a chance to practice my layering technique on krueg's blue parts tonight.  It was fun, and offers a lot more control and realism over drybrushing.  Pics below.. Not bad, but i think I need a bit more color depth to the layers.  All my highlights look almost the same color, even tho i progressed up adding more white to the mixture with each layer, and applied in smaller spots to the brightest point.  Or at least that's what i tried to do lol.  One nice thing about posting these pictures, is the super zoomed view lets me see a close up view of where i should be putting highlights, and where i shouldn't.  I need to get one of those super magifiers for when i'm painting....  I always notice the wrong placement of highlights on these pics, but not while i'm painting!! details are too small! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment